Due to the rapid development of modern technology, the importance of higher Education has been signified. Higher study in abroad is one of the greatest aspiration of many young talents. From this point of view Sweden is one of the emerging higher study hubs for the overseas students. The Sweden universities system is one of the best regarded academic systems in Northern Europe. The fewer tuition fees and the world-class academic curriculum's are the major attractions of Swedish universities.
If the course duration of an international student is more than three months then he/she will require a residence permit before entering to Sweden. For getting the approval of resident permit the applicant has to admit a full-time program in Swedish university and to pay the first installment of his tuition fees.
The criteria for obtaining the resident permit are
- The applicant must have to pay the first installment of his/her tuition fees.
- The applicant must have a valid passport and other supporting travel documents.
- The letter of acceptance from the concern Swedish university is also mandatory for this purpose
- The applicant has enough financial funds to support himself/herself during his stay in Sweden
- The applicant must have a life insurance if he/she will stay in Sweden for less than one year.
- The applicant has to submit the online application and pay the application fee.
The processing time of residence permit in Sweden is approximately more than three months. So the applicant should submit the application after getting the letter of acceptance from the Swedish university.
The students from European nations, European economic area, and Nordic countries are able to live and study in Sweden without having any resident permit. If they are staying in Sweden for more than one year, then they will need to register with the tax agency of Sweden.
The students from Switzerland require a residence permit or visa if they will be studying in Sweden for more than three months.